Florensis is supplier of high-quality young plant material in the European horticultural business for the professional grower. The head office is based in the Netherlands (Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht). Florensis operates internationally and has several sales- and production locations in Africa and Europe. For the further professionalization of the production location in Portugal (Pegoes), we are looking for a driven and enthusiastic:
Pro-active, cooperative and commercial
(located in Portugal)
The position of Production Assistant:
As production assistant you are responsible for all planning and logistical activities at Florensis Portugal Lda. You make sure that operations with regard to these areas run efficiently and effectively. Furthermore, you ensure a timely and adequate delivery of cuttings, in order to make sure that the product reaches the customer in excellent condition. Moreover, you secure a timely build up of mother stock in cooperation with the planner elite-basic materials. During the season you will monitor order availability and have daily contact with the Supply & Cuttings department in The Netherlands.
You will be part of the staff of Florensis Portugal and will report directly to the general manager.
Tasks and responsibilities of the Production Assistant:
- Ensure availability of high quality rooted and unrooted cuttings and adequately register the availability in the logistical system (PAT);
- Plan the seasonal/long term production of all cuttings (long term availability) and make the greenhouse planning for all rooted and unrooted cuttings crops;
- Ensure that mother stock plants are set up according the planning;
- Ensure the fulfilment of weekly orders;
- Propose improvements for the cultivation, harvesting and delivery of cuttings;
- Keep sales departments up-to-date on real time production capacity;
- Liaise with the Supply Cuttings department in The Netherlands on optimizing availability, in order to maximize sales;
- Communicate with Supply Cuttings department and planner basic materials in The Netherlands with regard to planning and production (clear communication is crucial);
- Ensure the production database is maintained, in which all the relevant production data need to be kept up to date;
- Ensure full traceability of cuttings delivered by Florensis Portugal;
- Report on production data such as: picking speed, availability, quality issues, production efficiency and delivered quantities;
- Responsible for maintaining the internal quality system (FLAQ) in Florensis Portugal;
- Liaise with the general manager on planning, logistics, and quality issues.
Florensis offers you a broad, independent and responsible job within a dynamic international organisation. Besides, we offer you a competitive salary with secondary benefits and future prospects.
Requirements of the Production Assistant:
- A bachelor’s degree in horticulture from a reputable institution or similar capacity level through work experience;
- Foreign experience or experience in an international environment is preferred (for example through work or an internship);
- You are able to generate and implement ideas for improving planning, production and delivery;
- You have a strong affinity with the horticultural sector;
- Able to translate Florensis’ corporate policies to the local situation;
- You have great communication skills and an excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language, both oral and written;
- Good command of Portuguese is preferred, however you should at least be willing to learn the language in the short term;
- You have a positive, strong, fair and credible attitude and have excellent analytical- and teamwork skills;
- Great knowledge of Excel;
- You are in possession of a drivers licence;
- You are willing tot work and live in Portugal.
Information about the position of Production Assistant:
For more information, please visit our website www.florensis.com. For additional information, please contact Leon Duijnisveld (Director Foreign Production and Supply), T: +31(0)78-6233200.
Applying for Production Assistant:
If you are up for this challenge and can identify yourself with the profile mentioned above, we would like to receive your motivation letter and curriculum vitae. You can send your application by post or, preferably, by email to: Florensis B.V., Attn. Dept. HRM, P.O. box 32, 3330 AA Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands.
By email: email@example.com. An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.